Karen Blakeman is running a pre-Online Information conference workshop about social media strategies on 29 November 2010 at the Olympia Conference Centre, London - "The real-life guide to using social media to promote your organisation and services".
In essence it will cover:
* how the major search tools are incorporating social media and real time information in their search results and how you can use this to increase awareness of your organisation and its services
* the importance of identifying relevant platforms and applications for your organisation and tailoring content for them
* ways in which you can generate and re-use content to reach more potential users
* engaging with existing and potential customers and users
* how you can monitor the effectiveness of social media
* technical and human resource issues and the skills needed to implement a social media strategy