The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: About Time, Too. "The questions in this week's brainteasers all concern some aspect of time" Answers here.
1. How many years are there in a decade?
2. The globe is divided into how many time zones: twelve, twenty-four, or forty?
3. How many years are there in a millennium?
4. In the 1952 Western film 'High Noon". who played the marshal deserted by all his fellow townsfolk as he awaited a returning desperado?
5. The letters "p.m." mean "after noon". What Latin phrase are they short for?
6. Who wrote the novel "The Time Machine", published in 1895?
7. In talking about time, what does "GMT" stand for?
8. Which Christian festival falls on the Sunday following the first full moon after the vernal equinox?
9. Who wrote the 1944 novel "Time Must Have a Stop"?
10. A nanosecond is a unit of time equal to what part of a second?