The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Lead Guitarists. "The lead guitarist is often one of the most prominent members in a rock or pop group. This brainteaser is about the lead guitarists in various bands." Answers here.
1. In the Rolling Stones, who serves as lead guitarist and coauthor of the majority of their songs?
2. Who played lead guitar in the Beatles?
3. Who was the lead guitarist of the Shadows pop group?
4. Mark Knopfler is the founder and lead guitarist of which rock group?
5. Jonny Greenwood has been the lead guitarist of which group since 1992?
6. Which famous group did Eric Clapton join as lead guitarist in 1963?
7. Who was the lead guitarist in AC/DC who wore a schoolboy cap and short trousers?
8. Alex Turner is the lead vocalist and lead guitarist of which band?
9. Which "guitar hero" of the seventies, who had a hit single with "Show Me the Way", briefly became lead guitarist for former schoolmate David Bowie in 1987?
10. What is the name of Coldplay's lead guitarist?