The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Old-fashioned Words
. "Some words or phrases are considered old-fashioned or "archaic" but you may still find them used occasionally. Can you give the meaning of these archaisms?" Answers here.
1. What is a damsel?
2. "Methinks" is an archaic expression for what?
3. What is or was the meaning of froward?
4. What is or was an apothecary?
5. "Throstle" is an old word for what type of bird?
6. "Frore" is an archaic word meaning what?
7. What is the meaning of "all my eye and Betty Martin"?
8. "Lazar" is an archaic word for what?
9. "Silk of the kine" is a personification of which country?
10. "Abigail" is an archaic word for what?