The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Christmas. "Our brainteaser is all about Christmas. We wish you all a happy one" Answers here.
1. Which rock group has returned its 1973 Christmas chart-topper "Merry Xmas Everybody" to the British charts at least eight times?
2. In which year did the "Christmas truce" occur?
3. Santa Claus is named after which saint?
4. What kind of tree is most commonly used as a Christmas tree?
5. Who wrote the 1973 picturebook "Father Christmas" in which Father Christmas lives in a terrace house with an outside toilet and an old-fashioned stove?
6. Who composed the Christmas Oratorio, first performed in 1734/35: Bach, Mozart or Beethoven?
7. What was the title of Phil Spector's 1963 Christmas album?
8. "A Christmas Carol" was the first of five "Christmas Books" by Charles Dickens which were published together for the first time in 1852. Can you name one of the other books in this collection?
9. What kind of bird is the "colly bird" (often changed to "calling bird") referred to in the traditional song "The Twelve Days of Christmas"?
10. On what date in the year is "Women's Christmas", also called "Small Christmas" or "Little Christmas"?