The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Who Wrote That Music?. "All you have to do in this brainteaser is choose from three alternatives the composer or composers of particular pieces of music" Answers here.
1. Who wrote "Bridge Over Troubled Water" (1970)? Paul Simon, Art Garfunkel or Bob Dylan?
2. Who wrote the music for "Candle in the Wind" (1973)? Madonna, Elton John or Andrew Lloyd Webber?
3. Who wrote the music for the ballets "Swan Lake", "The Sleeping Beauty" and "The Nutcracker"? Prokofiev, Stravinsky or Tchaikovsky?
4. Who wrote the song "White Christmas"? Irving Berlin, Jerome Kern or Bing Crosby?
5. Who wrote "Get Up, Stand Up" (1973) and "No Woman No Cry" (1974)? Desmond Dekker, Bob Marley or Jimmy Cliff?
6. Who wrote the song "Blue Suede Shoes"? Elvis Presley, Bill Haley or Carl Perkins?
7. Who wrote "I Will Always Love You", which was a record-breaking hit for Whitney Houston? Dolly Parton, Whitney Houston or Barbra Streisand?
8. Who wrote "Take a Pair of Sparkling Eyes" (1889)? Franz Lehar, Frederick Loewe or Gilbert and Sullivan?
9. In 1967, who wrote the song "Both Sides Now"? Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell or Judy Collins?
10. Who wrote the music for the 1987 opera "Nixon in China"? Steve Reich, Philip Glass or John Adams?