The 2012 Jury for the Hans Christian Andersen Awards has been announced. The ten distinguished members from across the globe join Jury President María Jesús Gil (Madrid, Spain) to select the winners of the 2012 Hans Christian Andersen Awards. Former IBBY Vice President Elda Nogueira (Rio de Janeiro, Brazil) and IBBY Executive Director Liz Page are ex officio Jury members. The 2012 Jury, selected by IBBY's Executive Committee from nominations made by its national sections, comprises the following ten members:
* Anastasia Arkhipova Illustrator, chair of the board of the Association of Moscow Book Illustrators and Designers, Moscow, Russia.
* Françoise Ballanger Former manager of the publishing department of La Joie par les livres, Paris, France.
* Ernest Bond Professor of Children's and Young Adult Literature at Salisbury University, Maryland, USA.
* Sabine Fuchs University lecturer in children's literature, and secondary school teacher, Graz, Austria.
* Ayfer Gürdal Ünal Writer and critic, Istanbul, Turkey.
* Jan Hansson Director of the Swedish Institute for Children's Books, Stockholm, Sweden.
* Eva Kaliskami Translator and teacher, Athens, Greece.
* Nora Lía Sormani Writer and journalist, critic and researcher, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
* Sahar Tarhandeh Independent researcher in children's literature, freelance graphic designer and art director, Tehran, Iran.
* Regina Zilberman Children's literature specialist and former director of the Instituto Estadual do Livro, Porto Alegre, Brazil.