The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: The Penguin Dictionary of Psychology. "Credo Reference continually updates its reference sources. One such source which has just been updated is the Penguin Dictionary of Psychology, which covers subjects like medicine and general health as well as psychology. It can supply all the answers to this week's brainteaser" Answers here.
1. In psychology, what is "IQ" short for?
2. What was the first name of the Viennese neurologist Freud (1856-1939)?
3. Agoraphobia is a fear of what?
4. Insomnia is a chronic inability to do what normally?
5. What is the literal meaning of "neonate"?
6. Which Hindu religious system of practices and beliefs is named from a Sanskrit word meaning "union"?
7. Which part of the body is described thus: "The soft structure that hangs from the back of the soft palate in the midline of the mouth"?
8. In psychology, a disorder characterized by hyperactivity, attentional deficit and impulsivity is called ADHD. What does this abbreviation stand for?
9. Did the psychologist Carl Gustav Jung die in 1941, 1951 or 1961?
10. Kinesiology is the study of what?