The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Proverbs. Answers here.
1. Actions speak louder than (what?).
2. One man's meat is another man's (what?).
3. Nothing is certain but (what?).
4. (What) is the spice of life?
5. A bird in the hand is worth (what?).
6. The English poet and clergyman John Donne said: "No man is (what?)".
7. In the Bible, the book of Proverbs, chapter 29, verse 18, says: "Where there is no (what?), the people perish".
8. This proverb is adapted from a line by the author William Congreve: "Hell hath no fury like (what?)".
9. Tell the truth and shame the (what?).
10. Parkinson's Law says that "Work (does what?)".