The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Fashion and Fashion Designers. Answers here.
1. Which British photographer/designer created the costumes for the films "Gigi" and "My Fair Lady"?
2. Which designer uses a double-G intertwined trademark?
3. Which English designer, whose original name was Vivienne Isabel Swire, opened a shop with Malcolm McLaren in London's King's Road in the early 1970s?
4. "DKNY" is the name of which American fashion designer's ready-to-wear line?
5. Which British vocalist married fashion designer Jeff Banks in 1968?
6. Complete the phrase "United Colors of..." for a fashion-wear company which gained notoriety by its controversial advertisements with its logo affixed to giant photographs.?
7. Name the Spanish shoe designer who in 1974 became the first man to appear on the cover of "Vogue". Pop star Madonna famously referred to his shoes as "better than sex", and popular television shows, particularly "Sex and the City", helped to make him a household name.
8. Which French luggage-designer used a brown and beige LV monogram pattern created by his son, Georges?
9. Name the design firm founded by two Italians whose first names are Domenico and Stefano. In 1991, Madonna popularized their rhinestone-covered bodice.
10. Which American designer created the "Polo" brand of clothing?