The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Double Meanings. Answers here.
1. The part of the leg on which a human being or animal stands or walks. A unit of length equal to 12 inches (30.48 centimetres).
2. To try to catch the crest of a wave and ride it to the shore. To browse through the Internet randomly.
3. A class or group of people, animals or things which share similar characteristics. Printed letters.
4. A moving ridge or swell on the surface of a liquid. A sweep of the hand or arm, used as a signal or greeting.
5. A piece of furniture with shelves and doors, for storing or displaying items. A policy-making body made up of senior ministers in charge of the various departments of government.
6. Resistant to scratching or indentation. Proven and reliable.
7. Somebody or something that ranks first. A blank section at the beginning or end of a reel of film or recording tape.
8. A small mark or stain. A place.
9. To have in mind as a goal or purpose. To have or convey a particular idea.
10. To write down. To make or perform.