The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Games. Answers here.
1. How many players take part in a game of solitaire?
2. What is the name for the children's game in which a visible object is guessed from the initial letter of its name?
3. In the game of darts, how many points are scored with a "double top?"
4. In the game of cat's cradle, what substance is transferred from the hands of one player to another?
5. What is the name for the children's game in which players hop or jump through a pattern of numbered spaces to retrieve a thrown object?
6. What is the name for the game in which players try to flick small flat discs into a cup using larger discs?
7. In tenpin bowling, how many times can a bowler play in each frame?
8. What is the name for the game, similar to bowls and popular in France, played on rough ground, in which the players try to hit a small metal ball with larger balls?
9. How many balls are used in the game of snooker?
10. What is the name for the game in which a two-headed top is balanced and spun on a string stretched between two sticks?