The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Isms. The suffix "-ism" is one of the commonest endings in English, usually describing some situation, activity, belief or habit. For example, "heroism" is the activity of a hero. From these definitions, try to identify ten words that all end with -ism. Answers here
1. A world religion that originated in ancient India, founded by the Buddha, Siddhartha Gautama.
2. The act of inducing hypnosis.
3. The act of criticizing, especially adversely.
4. Excessive drinking of alcohol which becomes addictive.
5. Staying away from work for no good reason.
6. Copying and publishing someone else's work as your own.
7. A word, phrase, or idiom characteristic of English as it is spoken in the United States.
8. The policy of extending, usually by conquest, the rule of a state over other countries or peoples.
9. Interest in and desire for money, possessions, etc., rather than spiritual or ethical values.
10. An individual animal or plant