The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Railways and Railroads. Answers here
1. What is the name for a railway that runs on a single rail?
2. What kind of railway equipment is named after its American originator, George M. Pullman?
3. Which children's novel about railways was written by E. Nesbit in 1906?
4. In which city was the world's first urban underground railway built in 1863?
5. Nakhodka in the Russian Far East is the eastern terminus of which famous railway?
6. What was the nickname for the American railway engineer John Luther Jones, who saved the passengers when his train crashed?
7. Who invented the first successful steam locomotive in 1814 and constructed the first railway to carry passengers, the Stockton and Darlington Railway?
8. On the subject of railways, what kind of thing was a "Bradshaw?"
9. Name the locomotive, designed by Sir Nigel Gresley, which took the world steam traction speed record in July 1938.
10. In which city on the Pacific Coast does the Canadian Pacific Railway terminate?