The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: The Year 1995. Answers here
1. Which 1995 film about a Scottish national hero, starring and directed by Mel Gibson, won Oscars for best picture and best director?
2. The author of the novels "Lucky Jim" (1954) and "Jake's Thing" (1978) died in 1995. What was his name?
3. Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated in 1995 when he was prime minister of which country?
4. Which Canadian singer-songwriter had great success with her 1995 album "Jagged Little Pill"?
5. Which Elizabethan theatre in London, associated with William Shakespeare, was demolished in 1644 but rebuilt and reopened in 1995?
6. Who directed the 1995 film "The Bridges of Madison County" and took the role of Kincaid?
7. In 1995, what kind of thing was discovered by Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp and named after them?
8. Which British politician, who was leader of the Labour Party from 1983 to 1992, became a European commissioner in 1995?
9. Which Liverpool band, which took its name from Harper Lee's novel "To Kill a Mockingbird", had hits in 1995 with the single "Wake Up Boo" and the album "Wake Up!"?
10. In 1995, the space probe called Galileo went into orbit around which planet?