The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer - this week: Disasters. Answers here.
1. Which Japanese city suffered an attack with sarin nerve-gas in 1995?
2. In April 1986, where in the Ukraine did an explosion lead to the most serious accident in the history of the peaceful applications of nuclear power?
3. Which city in California was almost completely destroyed by an earthquake in 1906?
4. In which Indian city in December 1984 were around 2500 people killed when poisonous gas escaped from the Union Carbide factory?
5. Over which city in 1945 was the first atomic bomb ever dropped on a populated area?
6. Name the oil tanker, outward bound from Alaska, which - on March 24, 1989 - struck a reef and released 11 million gallons of crude oil into the sea.
7. What is the non-technical name for the defoliant containing dioxin which was widely used in the Vietnam war and is thought to have caused many cases of cancer and congenital malformation?
8. In which state of the USA is Three Mile Island, the site of a major nuclear accident on March 28, 1979?
9. Name the oil tanker which ran aground off the French coast in 1978, releasing 225,000 tonnes of crude oil.
10. In 1980, in which American city did the Love Canal (formerly used as a chemical disposal site) cause a national emergency?