The Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer - this week: 1985. Answers here.
1. Actor and film director Orson Welles died in 1985. What was the title of his first and greatest film, made in 1941?
2. In which European city were 39 people killed in 1985 during riots at a football match in the Heysel stadium: Paris, Berlin or Brussels?
3. What was the word for the more open government and wider dissemination of information initiated from 1985 in the Soviet Union by Mikhail Gorbachev?
4. Which US actor made her film debut in 1985 in "The Color Purple" and later appeared in "Ghost" and "Sister Act"?
5. A disease of cattle called bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) appeared in the UK in 1985. What other three-word name was popularly applied to it?
6. In 1985, a French saboteur sank a ship used by Greenpeace to protest against French nuclear tests in the South Pacific. What was the ship's name?
7. In 1985, a famous painting called "Impression: Sunrise" was stolen from the Musée Marmottan. Who painted this picture?
8. Published in 1985, "Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit" was the first novel written by which author?
9. In 1985, an expedition led by Robert D. Ballard discovered the wreck of which famous ship?
10. Which Russian artist, famous for the dream-like imagery of his paintings, died in 1985? He also designed stained-glass windows, murals and mosaics