This week's Friday Brain-teaser from xrefer tests your knowledge of the year 1984. Answers here:
1. In October 1984 at the Conservative Party conference in Brighton, an IRA bomb almost killed which prime minister?
2. Who was re-elected as American president in 1984?
3. In 1984, which American tennis player was singles and doubles champion at Wimbledon?
4. In 1984, Pierre Trudeau suddenly announced his retirement as prime minister of which country?
5. In which Indian city was there a poisonous gas leak in 1984 which killed over 2000 people?
6. Which British prince - a child of the Prince and Princess of Wales - was born in 1984?
7. Which Indian prime minister was assassinated in 1984?
8. Which famous US singer-songwriter was shot dead by his father in 1984?
9. Which famous American pollster died in 1984?
10. Which 1984 musical was based on characters created by the Rev. W. V. Awdry?