This week's Friday brain-teaser from xrefer takes a look at the magical world of stage and screen musicals. Answers are here
1. Which actor famously sang in the rain in the 1952 film "Singin' in the Rain"?
2. Which composer had five musicals running concurrently in London in 1993?
3. In the 1960s, which English singer, whose real name is Harry Webb, starred in the musical films "The Young Ones" and "Summer Holiday"?
4. Which 1943 musical by Rodgers & Hammerstein changed the direction of musical theatre?
5. Which 1956 musical was adapted by Alan Jay Lerner and Frederick Loewe from George Bernard Shaw's play "Pygmalion"?
6. Name the character played by Julie Andrews in the 1965 film "The Sound of Music".
7. The musical "Five Guys Named Moe" featured songs associated with which American musician?
8. What was the first name of Fred Astaire's sister, who appeared with him in several stage musicals?
9. Who composed the music for the shows "Sweeney Todd" and "Sunday in the Park with George"?
10. The 1950 musical "Guys and Dolls" was based on stories by which writer?