This week's brain-teaser from xrefer.com tests your knowledge of Art and Artists. Answers are here
1. In which Italian city is the Uffizi gallery?
2. In 1962, which American painter produced famous pictures of Marilyn Monroe and Campbell's soup cans?
3. Is the flat, thin board on which a painter mixes his colours called a palate or a palette?
4. Which famous painter (1475-1564) had the surname Buonarroti?
5. Which French painter offended conservative tastes in 1863 with his picture of a picnic on the grass?
6. What phrase is used to describe a picture of inanimate objects, such as fruit or flowers?
7. Which British artist, born in Yorkshire in 1937 and now resident in California, was the subject of the 1974 film "A Bigger Splash"?
8. Which Austrian painter's most famous work was probably "The Kiss" in 1908?
9. Which art gallery was opened in London in 1897 on the site of the old Millbank Prison?
10. Which 16th-century Venetian painter's real name was Jacopo Robusti?