This week the Friday brain-teaser from xrefer takes us to Africa, the second largest continent. Try these questions about African history, geography and culture, and then see how you did by visiting the answers page
1. Who became president of South Africa in 1994?
2. The Aswan High Dam is on which African river?
3. Malagasies come from which island?
4. What is the modern name for the African country that used to be called Bechuanaland?
5. What is the capital city of Ethiopia?
6. Julius Nyerere was president of which country from 1964 to 1985?
7. Does an African elephant have larger or smaller ears than an Indian elephant?
8. The Egyptian president Nasser nationalized the Suez Canal, and Britain and France occupied the canal zone. In which year did this happen?
9. The Atlas Mountains stretch across three African countries. Name two of them
10. What is the nationality of the African writer Wole Soyinka?