The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: First Names. "Can you add the first names for these famous people? We supply the surname and a description of them." Answers here.
1. Mandela, Nobel Peace Prize recipient, South African president from 1994.
2. Navratilova, Czech-American tennis player who won the women's singles at Wimbledon a record nine times.
3. Knightley, actress born in London in 1985.
4. Picasso, born in Spain, famous for "Les Demoiselles d'Avignon" and "Guernica".
5. Tennyson, British poet (1809-1892) who wrote "In Memoriam".
6. Eisenhower (1890-1969), 34th President of the United States.
7. Updike, American author who wrote "Rabbit Run" and "The Witches of Eastwick".
8. Harvey, English physician (1578-1657), discoverer of the circulation of the blood.
9. Carey, American singer, the bestselling female performer of the nineties, whose singles included "Hero" and "Dreamlover".
10. Marconi, Italian-born inventor who helped to revolutionize communications technology by developing wireless telegraphy and shortwave radio.