The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: War. "Wars have been sadly frequent over many centuries. Can you answer these questions about war and particular wars?" Answers here.
1. In which year did the USA enter World War I?
2. Which country was invaded by Iraq on August 2, 1990?
3. In World War II, which were the two Axis powers besides Germany?
4. Pablo Picasso's painting "Guernica" depicts the bombing of a Basque town in which war?
5. Was the American Civil War in the 1840s, the 1850s, or the 1860s?
6. The Tet Offensive of 1968 occurred during which war?
7. Name the Spanish artist (1746-1828) who executed 65 etchings, collected under the title Los Desastres de la Guerra (The Disasters of War).
8. A war was fought between Japan and which country between February 1904 and September 1905?
9. Who wrote the 1936 poem "The People, Yes" which included the line "Sometime they'll give a war and nobody will come"?
10. In 1783, who wrote "There never was a good war or a bad peace"?