The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: General Knowledge. Answers here.
1. What colour does your skin turn if you have jaundice?
2. In which American city is the Golden Gate Bridge?
3. Is an acre bigger or smaller than a hectare?
4. Which pop singer starred in the films "Absolute Beginners" and "The Man Who Fell to Earth"?
5. Which two continents are connected by the Isthmus of Suez?
6. The plans for calculating engines made by British innovator Charles Babbage (1791-1871) established him as a pioneer of what?
7. "AZ" is the airline code for which airline?
8. Which composer wrote the marches "The Stars and Stripes Forever" and "Liberty Bell"?
9. From 1970 to 1973, Salvador Allende was president of which South American country?
10. Which writer coined the term "Cold War" in his 1945 essay "You and the Atom Bomb"?