The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: France. "We are approaching the month of May, which is the time when France hosts one of its most famous events: the Cannes Film Festival. Try to answer this brainteaser about France and the French" Answers here.
1. Which famous Frenchman died on the island of St. Helena on May 5, 1821?
2. What are the three colours on the French flag?
3. Which historic event occurred in France on 14 July 1789?
4. Champagne is a sparkling wine that was first produced in which part of France: the Northeast, the Northwest or the Southeast?
5. Pissarro, Sisley and Renoir were part of which art movement which started in France in the 1860s?
6. What is the title of the national anthem of France?
7. Rouen and Le Havre owe their prosperity to their favourable location on which river?
8. The musical "Les Misérables" was based on a book by which French author?
9. France is bounded by seven countries. Name six of them.
10. Which French film director and writer adapted his novel "L'eau des collines" for the films "Jean de Florette" and "Manon des Sources"?