The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Great Thinkers. One of the many sources on Credo Reference is "Great Thinkers A-Z", which contains useful information about various important thinkers (although, surprisingly, there is no entry for me!). Try to answer these questions, which can all be answered from "Great Thinkers A-Z".. Answers here.
1. Which scientist, born in 1809, wrote "The Origin of the Species by Means of Natural Selection", published in 1859?
2. Who wrote "The Communist Manifesto" (1848) with Friedrich Engels, as well as "Das Kapital"?
3. Which physicist (1879-1955) was the creator of the special and general theories of relativity?
4. Was Plato a Greek or Roman philosopher?
5. Was the first name of the philosopher Bentham (1748-1832) John, James or Jeremy?
6. Name the political theorist who wrote "The Rights of Man" (1791-2).
7. Which French feminist wrote "The Second Sex" (1949)?
8. Which famous philosopher died in 399 BCE by drinking hemlock?
9. Which thinker (1869-1948) had the first names Mohandas Karamchand?
10. Which philosopher wrote "Also Sprach Zarathustra" (1883-5)?