The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Encyclopedic?. Is your knowledge encyclopedic? It could be, if you learnt from the Hutchinson Unabridged Encyclopedia, which supplies the answers to all these questions. Answers here.
1. Which English screen actor made her film debut in "Heavenly Creatures" and also appeared in "Titanic" and "Hideous Kinky"?
2. Which French artist painted his last remarkable studies of water lilies at his house in Giverny before he died in 1926?
3. Who wrote the play "Uncle Vanya"?
4. Is the "flying fox" a kind of bird, bat or fox?
5. In medicine, does a vasodilator widen or narrow the blood vessels?
6. Dhaka, formerly Dacca, is the capital of which country?
7. What was the first name of the US actor Orson Welles: George, Herbert or William?
8. Who wrote the music for the operetta "La Rondine" (1917)?
9. The Yanamamo or Yanomamo people live in which continent?
10. What was the "Jarvik 7" given to Barney Clark in 1982?