The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Mediterranean. Answers here.
This week's quiz is about the Mediterranean Sea and the countries around it:
1. Algiers is the capital of which country south of the Mediterranean sea?
2. Which canal connects the Mediterranean Sea with the Red Sea?
3. Is Lebanon on the northern, southern or eastern shores of the Mediterranean Sea?
4. Which country, extending SE from the Alps into the Mediterranean Sea, separates the Tyrrhenian Sea from the Adriatic Sea?
5. The Mediterranean Sea is saltier than the Atlantic: true or false?
6. Which United Kingdom Overseas Territory is situated at the west entrance to the Mediterranean Sea?
7. The Hellenic Republic is the official name of which country?
8. Name the principality on the Mediterranean Sea which consists of an enclave in southeast France and which has been ruled by the Grimaldi family since the 13th century.
9. Which country bounded by the Mediterranean Sea includes the cities of Rabat and Casablanca?
10. Which country on the Mediterranean is divided into 73 ils or provinces for administrative purposes?