The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Mediterranean Islands. Answers here.
We recently had a brainteaser about the Mediterranean Sea. The Mediterranean contains a large number of islands, which are the subject of this new brainteaser.
1. Is Nicosia the capital of Crete, Cyprus or Malta?
2. What is the largest island in the Mediterranean?
3. Name one of the three chief Balearic Islands.
4. Most of the Aegean Islands are part of which country?
5. Are the Corsicans French, Italian or Spanish citizens?
6. Sardegna is the Italian name for which Mediterranean island?
7. On which Greek island was there a 30-meter high bronze statue called a Colossus, one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, which was destroyed in an earthquake?
8. Which republic in the Mediterranean includes the islands of Gozo and Comino?
9. Which island group between Turkey and Crete has a name which means "12 islands"?
10. Which volcano in the Lipari islands is known as the "Lighthouse of the Mediterranean"?