The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: General Knowledge. Answers here.
1. What should you do with a "brioche" - play it, eat it, or rub ointment on it?
2. Which American performer wrote and sang songs about "Sweet Caroline" and "Cracklin' Rosie"?
3. How many major tournaments do you have to win in one season to get a "grand slam" in tennis or golf: three, four or five?
4. Is Chianti a red wine or a white wine?
5. Calabria is a region of which country?
6. Which group of brothers starred in the films "Monkey Business", "Horse Feathers" and "Duck Soup"?
7. In which part of your body is the "patella": the arm, the knee or the skull?
8. Is Seoul the capital of North Korea or South Korea?
9. Was the "Cuban Missile Crisis" in 1962, 1972 or 1982?
10. Who drew a cartoon in "New Yorker" magazine with the caption
"Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?"