The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Animals. Answers here.
1. Is a "merino" a type of cow, goat or sheep?
2. The ostrich cannot fly. Is this true or false?
3. Is someone who studies butterflies and moths called an entomologist, a lepidopterist or an ornithologist?
4. What is the usual word for the larva of a frog or toad?
5. Which German breed of dog has a name which means "badger dog"?
6. If a horse is "piebald", its coat has large patches of which two colours?
7. Kenneth Grahame's "The Wind in the Willows" is about a group of four humanlike animals. What are three of the four animals?
8. Which is normally taller and heavier: the Indian elephant or the African elephant?
9. Aardvarks exist mainly on a diet of which other animal?
10. There are two species of camel: the Arabian and the Bactrian. Which of these species has only one hump?