The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Non-Fiction. Answers here.
1. Who was "the founder of psychoanalysis", who published "The Interpretation of Dreams" in 1900?
2. Who wrote the 1988 book "A Brief History of Time" which gave a popular account of cosmology and became an international best-seller?
3. Who wrote a famous diary about her time in hiding in a sealed-off room during the German occupation of Amsterdam between 1942 and 1944?
4. Who expressed in "The Origin of Species" the theory of evolution which resulted from his discoveries while naturalist on board the "Beagle"?
5. Which American economist wrote the books "The Affluent Society", "The New Industrial State" and "Economics and the Public Purpose"?
6. James Boswell's masterpiece is his 1791 biography of which other writer?
7. Who wrote the autobiographical narrative "Walden: or, Life in the Woods", published in 1854, describing a two-year period when he retired from the town of Concord to live alone?
8. What was the title of James Watson's 1968 book describing the discovery of the DNA structure?
9. Who wrote the historical work "Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire", published between 1776 and 1788?
10. Which French author wrote "The Second Sex" (1949) which overturned thinking on women's sexuality and social position?