The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: 1997. Answers here.
1. In 1997, who became the youngest British prime minister since William Pitt the younger?
2. Which actor received an Academy Award and a Golden Globe as best actor for his appearance in the 1997 film "As Good As It Gets"?
3. Which Australian pop singer released the album "Impossible Princess" in 1997?
4. Name the popular but controversial educational television programme for pre-nursery children which was first transmitted in England in 1997.
6. Which Ghanaian diplomat became secretary-general of the UN in 1997?
7. The son of the owner of the Ritz Hotel in Paris and Harrods in London died in a car accident in Paris in 1997. What was the son's first name?
8. Which former member of Talking Heads released the solo album "Feelings" in 1997?
9. What was the name given to the large and exceptionally active comet which in March 1997 made its closest fly-by to Earth since 2000 BC?
10. Which famous Yugoslavian-born Indian nun died in 1997?