The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Concerts and Concert Venues. Answers here.
1. Which famous guitarist died in 1970 after his final live show at the Isle of Wight Festival?
2. Which annual rock festival was started by farmer Michael Eavis in Somerset in September 1970?
3. Which composer and pianist, born in 1756, gave his first public performance at the University of Salzburg in 1761?
4. Was the famous Woodstock rock festival in New York State held in 1967, 1969 or 1972?
5. Which jazz musician fronted a concert at Carnegie Hall on January 16, 1938, contributing to the growing respectability of jazz as a performance art?
6. In December 1969, where did the Rolling Stones give a nightmarish concert at which three people died?
7. In 1971, which member of the Beatles organized a benefit concert for the hungry of Bangladesh?
8. Name the huge natural amphitheatre in Hollywood which, since 1922, has staged the so-called "Symphonies Under the Stars".
9. Which 1958 jazz festival was filmed as "Jazz on a Summer's Day"?
10. The WOMAD festival of world music has taken place at Reading since 1982. What does "WOMAD" stand for?