The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Dance and Dancing. "This week's Brainteaser is about dancers and various kinds of dance." Answers here.
1. The 1977 film "Saturday Night Fever" popularized what kind of dancing?
2. Which dancer did the splashing solo for the title song in the 1952 film "Singin' in the Rain"?
3. What kind of dances were Johann Strauss's "Blue Danube" and "Tales from the Vienna Woods"?
4. In which country did the dance called the lambada originate?
5. Which dance was popularized by Chubby Checker with a million-selling record in 1960?
6. In which form of dancing were Marius Petipa, Anna Pavlova and Rudolf Nureyev famous?
7. Which famous pair of dancers starred in the 1939 film "The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle"?
8. Which fast rhythmic dance of the 1920s, characterized by kicking and by twisting of the legs from the knee down, was named after a city in South Carolina?
9. Name the Latin American dance of three steps and a kick to each bar, usually performed by a number of people in single file.
10. Name the choreographer and film director (1895-1976) whose lavish spectacles used intricate camera moves and unusual angles to fill the screen with dancers arranged in geometric patterns.