The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Five. "All these questions concern the number five, or things that have "five" in their names." Answers here.
1. What is a "high-five"?
2. Human beings have five senses. Can you name three of the five?
3. Who originally wrote the lines which begin "Full fathom five thy father lies"?
4. Which 1970 film, directed by Bob Rafelson, starred Jack Nicholson as an oil-rig worker?
5. What phrase was used to describe four children and their dog in a series of novels by Enid Blyton, starting with "Five on a Treasure Island"?
6. What name was given to a scheme launched by Joseph Stalin in 1928 designed to industrialize the USSR in the shortest possible time?
7. Whose quartet recorded "Take Five", a song in 5/4 time on the 1959 album "Time Out"?
8. The Security Council of the United Nations has five permanent members. Can you name four of these countries?
9. Who played Red Nichols in the 1959 film "The Five Pennies"?
10. Who wrote the 1969 novel "Slaughterhouse-Five"?