The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Last Things. "This week's brainteaser is about last things: things that come last or that have "last" in their name or title" Answers here.
1. What is the subject of the famous picture by Leonardo da Vinci painted on a wall in the Convent of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan?
2. Name the 1826 novel by James Fennimore Cooper featuring Uncas, a noble Native American who helps a family of British settlers.
3. What is the title of a well-known 1878 picture by W. F. Yeames featuring a small Royalist boy being interrogated by Cromwellian soldiers?
4. What was the English title of a French film made by Alain Resnais in 1961, a virtually plotless story set in a surreal, sculptured world?
5. One of the first hits for the pop group called the Monkees was Last Train to...where?"
6. What is the title of the last book of the Bible?
7. What was the title of Hubert Selby Jr.'s first collection of short stories in 1964, for which an obscenity trial was held in England?
8. The Drifters had their biggest hit in 1960 with Ben E. King as lead singer. What was its title?
9. Whose "Last Essays of Elia" were published in 1833?
10. What is the usual name for the 17th-century theorem which was finally solved by English mathematician Andrew Wiles in the 1990s?