The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Sequels. "As we recently had a brainteaser about remakes (remade films. etc.), it seemed appropriate to have a quiz about sequels. A sequel is a book, film, play, etc. produced to continue an earlier work or expand on the story" Answers here.
1. What was the sequel to Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"?
2. What is the title of the first sequel to the blockbuster 1977 movie "Star Wars"?
3. David Mamet wrote the screenplay for "Hannibal" (2001), the sequel to which film?
4. "How to Save Your Own Life" was the 1977 sequel to Erica Jong's first novel. What was that first novel's title?
5. Keanu Reeves starred in the film "Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey", which was a sequel to which film?
6. "Catriona" was the sequel to which 1886 novel by Robert Louis Stevenson?
7. American crime writer Elmore Leonard wrote "Be Cool", the sequel to which 1990 novel that was filmed in 1995?
8. Liza Minnelli starred in the 1981 film "Arthur" and its 1988 sequel "Arthur II". What was the sub-title of the second film?
9. Which American singer recorded "It's My Party" and its sequel "Judy's Turn to Cry" in 1963?
10. "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" is a sequel to which book?