The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Triple Play. In this brainteaser, all you have to do is to choose the correct meaning from three suggestions.. Answers here.
1. Is the kookaburra a kind of fish, an insect, or a bird?
2. Cummerbund means the German government, a slang term for a lazy person, or a wide sash worn around the waist?
3. Scapula means the shoulder blade, a surgeon's knife, or the shaven top of a monk's head
4. Apiarian means before the time of the dinosaurs, belonging to the monkey family, or relating to beekeeping or bees?
5. A buckler is a small round shield, a decorated belt, or a trainer of race-horses?
6. Aspartame is a kind of long grass that grows on sand dunes, an artificial sweetener, or a kind of pasta?
7. A porbeagle is a kind of bird, a kind of whale, or a kind of shark?
8. Chervil means a kind of herb, a small kangaroo, or a servant in medieval times?
9. A czardas is a Siberian musical instrument, a Russian sweet containing caramel, or a Hungarian folk dance?
10. A neonate is a swelling on the skin, a newborn baby, or an African musical instrument?