The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Martin Luther King
. Answers here.
1. In which city did Martin Luther King make his famous "I have a dream" speech?
2. Which American musician was involved in the campaign to achieve a national holiday in honour of Martin Luther King and wrote the song "Happy Birthday" for him?
3. Martin Luther King first came to national attention as leader of which boycott in Montgomery, Alabama, in 1955-56?
4. In which city was Martin Luther King murdered?
5. What was the name of Martin Luther King's widow?
6. Which US president, more than any president other than Lincoln, is remembered as a champion of civil rights for African-Americans? He signed the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
7. Complete this 1964 quotation from Martin Luther King: "We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as..."
8. What were the "Jim Crow Laws"?
9. Which organization was founded in 1966 by Huey Newton and Bobby Seale to fight for the rights of black people?
10. In the 1950s, Martin Luther King became active with the NAACP. What does the abbreviation "NAACP" stand for?