The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Fiction. Answers here.
1. Which English novelist wrote twelve novels and seven short stories featuring Commander James Bond?
2. Which US author's novels include "The Firm", "The Pelican Brief" and "The Broker"?
3. Which English writer's first published novel was "Sense and Sensibility" in 1811?
4. What was the title of Joseph Heller's first novel?
5. Which British novelist wrote "Mrs Dalloway", "To The Lighthouse" and "The Waves"?
6. Was Harper Lee, the author of "To Kill a Mockingbird", a man or a woman?
7. Which 1955 novel allowed Vladimir Nabokov to abandon teaching and devote himself to writing full-time?
8. Which US novelist wrote "The Bonfire of the Vanities", "A Man in Full" and "I Am Charlotte Simmons"?
9. Which Scottish writer is best known for his "No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" group of novels about a detective agency in Botswana?
10. What was the title of Zadie Smith's first novel?