The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Pop Icons. Answers here.
1. In which state of the USA was Elvis Presley born?
2. Which British singer and songwriter was the lead singer of Queen, which he founded in 1971?
3. "Ciccone" is the original surname of which famous American pop singer and actress?
4. Which US pop singer's debut single and album were called "Baby One More Time"?
5. What is the real name of the member of the Spice Girls known as "Posh Spice"?
6. Which American singer and composer was born in Duluth, Minnesota, and modelled himself at first on Woody Guthrie?
7. Which singer's 1999 album "hours..." was one of the first by a major artist and a major label to be offered as a digital download?
8. Which US singer won an Academy Award for Best Actress in "Moonstruck" (1987)?
9. Which Welsh singer was described as "sweat personified" and "the man who made the Chippendales possible"?
10. Which American singer made her Broadway debut as Miss Marmelstein in the musical "I Can Get It for You Wholesale" in 1962?