The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Cities. Answers here.
1. What is the capital city of Austria?
2. Is the city of Halifax on the east or west coast of Canada?
3. What is the name of the Egyptian city founded by Alexander the Great in 332 BC?
4. What is the modern English name of the Chinese city formerly called "Peking"?
5. What is the capital of Hawaii?
6. Is Auckland in the North or South Island of New Zealand?
7. The capital city of the country of Luxembourg is called Luxembourg - true or false?
8. Knossos was an ancient city on which island: Crete, Malta or Cyprus?
9. In which country is the city of Mecca?
10. The city of St Petersburg in Russia was renamed twice before resuming its original name. What were the new names it was given between 1914 and 1924 and between 1924 and 1991?