The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Children's Books. Answers here.
1. Who wrote the books "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and "Through the Looking Glass"?
2. Who wrote the words: "One Ring to rule them all, one Ring to find them"?
3. Which British children's writer created the characters of Noddy, the Famous Five and the Secret Seven?
4. What was the title of the first Harry Potter novel by J. K. Rowling?
5. What was the title of the play by J. M. Barrie about a boy who lives in Neverland, better known as Never-Never Land?
6. In an 1884 novel by Mark Twain, which boy ran away from his father and took to the Mississippi River on a raft with his friend Jim?
7. Which 1906 novel by E. Nesbit was about three children who move with their mother to a country cottage after their father is suddenly taken away?
8. Who wrote the books "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "The Cat in the Hat"?
9. Name the horse whose experiences are described in an 1877 novel by Anna Sewell.
10. Who wrote "The Earthsea Trilogy", starting with "A Wizard of Earthsea"?