The Friday Brain-teaser from Credo Reference - this week: Definitions. Answers here.
1. An article of furniture consisting of a flat top resting on legs or on a pillar.
2. The maximum win, to be made in a lottery, card game, etc., especially one consisting of the accumulated stakes.
3. Any of various games played with a round or oval ball and usually based on two teams competing to kick, head, carry, or otherwise propel the ball into each other's goal, territory, etc.
4. A tool with a wooden handle and a large curved blade, for cutting tall crops or grass by hand with a sweeping action.
5. A person who is from 70 to 79 years old.
6. One of the three fundamental forms of matter, along with liquids and solids. It has no fixed shape and will conform in shape to the space available.
7. Cunning, opportunist, and deceitful - named after an Italian statesman who advocated unethical means to gain or maintain power.
8. A very small sharp piece of wood, glass, metal, etc. characteristically long and thin, broken off from a whole.
9. A large member of the cat family, native to Africa and Asia, which has tawny yellow fur covered with small black spots, and whitish underparts.
10. A flat geometric figure with 12 sides and angles.