The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Slavery. Answers here
1. What was the surname of the Englishman (first name William) who led the movement to abolish the slave trade?
2. The first African slaves were introduced into Virginia in 1619 by Dutch traders: true or false?
3. Was the "Slave Coast" in Africa or the West Indies?
4. Who wrote the abolitionist novel "Uncle Tom's Cabin"?
5. In describing the slave trade, what was "the middle passage"?
6. What is a "slave bangle"?
7. In the United States before the Civil War, slavery was legal in how many states: 6, 15 or 33?
8. What is a "slave ant"?
9. Is Slave River in Canada, the USA or Jamaica?
10. Around 1514, who carved two statues called "The Dying Slave" and "The Rebellious Slave"?