The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Science Fiction and Fantasy Fiction. Answers here
1. In the 1890s, who wrote books entitled "The Time Machine" and "The War of the Worlds"?
2. Name the 1979 movie which had Sigourney Weaver as its heroine and included designs by H. R. Giger.
3. Which 1817 novel by Mary Shelley was an early example of fantasy fiction?
4. Who wrote the books "Journey to the Center of the Earth" (1864) and "From the Earth to the Moon" (1865)?
5. What were the titles of the two sequels to the film "The Matrix" which both appeared in 2003?
6. What was the name of the malfunctioning computer in the 1968 book and film "2001: A Space Odyssey"?
7. Which US science-fiction television series has achieved cult status since it was created by Gene Roddenberry in 1963?
8. Which Russian-born US author stated "the three laws of robotics" in a 1941 story?
9. In Ray Bradbury's 1953 novel "Fahrenheit 451" - and the 1966 film version - what happens at the temperature of "Fahrenheit 451"?
10. Who wrote the Earthsea quartet and the Hainish future history stories?