The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Strange Titles. Answers here.
1. What was the title of Roald Dahl's 1964 novel which was filmed as 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"?
2. Who wrote the 1984 novel "Flaubert's Parrot"?
3. Name the 1994 novel by Louis de Bernières, set in the Greek island of Cephalonia during the Second World War, about the romance between the local doctor's daughter and a captain from the occupying Italian forces.
4. Which 1982 science fiction film, directed by Ridley Scott and starring Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer, was based on a story by Philip K. Dick entitled "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep"?
5. Who wrote the books "The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and "So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"?
6. Which English actor's two volumes of autobiography were called "The Moon's a Balloon" and "Bring on the Empty Horses"?
7. In Don Marquis's "Archy and Mehitabel", is Archy a spider, a tortoise or a cockroach?
8. Which American author's plays include "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" and "The Play about the Baby"?
9. Where did Malcolm Bradbury get the title for his book "Eating People is Wrong"?
10. Give the title of the only novel written by Robert Tressell, published in 1914 - three years after his death - about building workers slaving for a bad employer.