The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Books on Film. Answers here.
1. Name the 1965 film, starring Omar Sharif and Julie Christie, which was adapted from a 1957 book by the Russian writer Boris Pasternak.
2. Who wrote "The Jungle Book", which was turned into a Walt Disney cartoon in 1967?
3. Which 1975 film about a great white shark was based on a novel by US writer Peter Benchley?
4. Which 1962 futuristic novel by Anthony Burgess was turned into a film by Stanley Kubrick in 1971?
5. Who wrote the thriller "The Maltese Falcon", which was made into a 1941 film starring Humphrey Bogart as Sam Spade?
6. Which 1956 thriller by Patricia Highsmith was filmed by Anthony Minghella in 1999 with Matt Damon in the title role?
7. Who starred as Atticus Finch in the film version of Harper Lee's novel "To Kill a Mockingbird"?
8. Who directed film versions of Charles Dickens's "Great Expectations" in 1946 and "Oliver Twist" in 1948?
9. Who wrote the novels "Get Shorty", "Rum Punch" and "Out of Sight", which were all turned into films?
10. What title was given to the 1960 film version of John Wyndham's novel "The Midwich Cuckoos"?