The Friday Brain-teaser from Xrefer - this week: Rawson's Wicked Words. Answers here.
1. What was the name of the Disciple who betrayed Jesus Christ for thirty pieces of silver?
2. What kind of person is a "buttinski"?
3. Which dramatist wrote the words "Cowards die many times before their deaths"?
4. What is a "martinet"?
5. What kind of animal is a "Dutch nightingale"?
6. The dodo was a large bird native to which country: Mauritius, Madagascar or Mongolia?
7. Who wrote the poem "The Rime of the Ancient Mariner" about a sailor shooting an albatross - was it Keats, Shelley or Coleridge?
8. How many faces did the Roman deity Janus have?
9. What is a "dotard"?
10. Which American politician was known as "the Illinois gorilla" and "the original gorilla"?